Detect and fix weak points ? can the lightburn?

HI …

after editing my work in photoshop and co… i have to notice again and again that an object has weak points after the lasers…

can not recognize the lightburn itself ? oh here is too little material connected that will break that will not hold… and at these points every 10cm a connecting piece bind ?

that would be awesome and save a lot of time.

can you do that ? or already possible today ?

Hi Vik,

You could potentially use the Tabs tool to add little spaces where connecting pieces would be left.

Please review the documentation on that feature here: Tabs & Bridges - LightBurn Software Documentation

Let us know if you have any issues.

1 Like

will check and test … then I’ll get back to you thank you

1 Like

unfortunately for me unusable because I Art design gestallte and there are right angles not so the bringer -.-

tomorrow or so i will have the final version… but the thing should have more roundings for me, not always be the same, and adapt to the whole structure (roundings)… ART halt… certainly difficult to implement for a machine so I sit two hours or so in ps and co. on it and rework the image itself.

either way I can make with lightburn things that float in my head and with the tool I can show others… have tested others this is number 1 but you know that already ^^

1 Like

If you start on another Layer in LightBurn, generate your reinforcements (tabs/bridges) manually and make a copy of your art. You may be able to apply Boolean tools to two pairs of copies Union - to not cut the art in small spots, and Intersection - in another layer to gently engrave the reinforcements to hide them against your darker background.

Here’s an excellent crash course in Boolean tools.

Here’s an earlier video

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.