"Device" and "Start From:" settings not saved in LightBurn files

Hi,
am I correct in stating that devices and the Start From setting are not saved in LightBurn files?
If so, would that not be more logical as projects are usually linked to specific devices?

Thanks!

BC

I have three lasers, it would be a real pain to have the machine disconnect from the one I’m using and attempt to connect to something else…

IMHO, it doesn’t sound like a good addition or option…

There is a “Featured Suggestions” that will allow you to post something you would like to have added to Lightburn. The users here can vote on it…

:smile_cat:

Do you have 3 identical lasers? What I’m suggesting would be mostly better for people having different lasers devices, where a project is linked to a device.

I have two of the same make, with different firmware, so they operate in different quadrants (have a different home). Another that was a CNC3018 milling machine with a laser on it, it happens to home in the same place as my co2.

My co2 is a Ruida and it homes to the top/left…

Three of the four have different home locations…

I would not want a project linked to a device… what if someone wants to use your artwork with a different machine… how could Lightburn possibly know what device it was supposed to be used on?

Ever get .lbrn files from the internet… that would cause a mess… all the devices out there…

I don’t want my grbl machine to be lose it’s usb connection and cause me to have to re-connect, which can be a pain with these controllers.

I will commonly move artwork around I don’t tag it for any specific device.

You should always be aware of the ‘start from’ and ‘job origin’ before you run a job.

Might be good for you, I’d be disappointed…

:smile_cat::

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.