Diagonal "Cut" Across Rectangle

(I suspect this may have been answered elsewhere, but I just don’t know what to call it to complete a successful search.)

GOAL: I want to cut a diagonal across a rectangle and remove an “end” resulting in a trapezoid.

I tried to convert a rectangle into a path to insert nodes on that path to which the ends of a diagonal line could be attached/merged. But no luck for me.

It sounds interesting, but could you make a little sketch so it’s easier to understand?

1 Like

???

2 Likes

Here is what I was working on. I realized that I could just rotate another rectangle to do the Boolean delete . . .

. . . but I need the diagonal line to be and remain a specific length.

Actually, I guess I could accomplish that using the side of a rectangle instead of a line, too. SOOOO, thanks for letting me think out loud! Mischief managed! :slight_smile:

By the way, I’m curious how you did what YOU did.

1. How did you get the bottom square to intersect the upper square at midpoint?
  2. How did you angle the left and right sides of the bottom square>

Did you do this converting the object to a path?

Nicely done. Thank you.

yes, you are on the right track

you all know that Fusion 360 is the perfect way to make this? and F360 is free for non commecial use :wink:

I determine the lengths of the bottom and top (and of course the height too), draw a square with the top goal, convert it all to Path and point with the mouse on all lines to be deleted and press D

2 Likes

it’s probably possible, but why move back and forth when I can achieve this with a few clicks in LB?

you are right, i wrote this cause i’m not so skilled with LB :wink: that’s all :smiley:

1 Like

You will be very fast, believe me :blush:

1 Like

We;re all learning together . . .and I always appreciate learning about other free programs like Fusion 360 which I could use in other situations, so, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.