Did a Rudia 6445S controller change and my CO2 laser will not fire when running a job

I changed my Full Spectrum Laser controller/screen out to a Rudia 6445S. I can get the laser to fire on pulse but will not fire when running a job. I didn’t know if I missed a setting somewhere. Has anyone had the same issue?

The interface to the laser power supply (lps) is pretty easy to understand.

Some controller use inverted signals, the Ruida uses a signal sink for most of it’s interface to the outside world… many use a positive signal for active…

If it will pulse from the Ruida console, I’d think it would have to be wired up OK… if the test pulse was initiated at the lps, that doesn’t help except it’s working from the lps onward.

Do you mind posting one of your .lbrn files that is failing?

Ensure the Ruida isn’t producing an error message on the console and it’s showing the machine movements.

:smile_cat:

It will fire from the panel with the pulse button. I just made a 50mm by 50mm square to test.

I’ve seen some people will get the laser to fire if they use RDworks but won’t fire same job using Lightburn. Would I need to use RDworks?

Is it?

It’s set for User Origin … did you press the Origin at all on the machines console?

Does the P input of the lps go to ground or the Ruida?

:smile_cat:

Got it going had to really up the power. I moved the lps from H to L. Is there a setting in I need to change to have it work on H? I’m pretty sure L is low and H is high. Appreciate the help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.