Diode and 40w Co2 one controller?

Hey all, I am trying to do a new project and need some advice for someone smarter than me. I have a K40 with a cohesion board and a small 5w diode. I am currently building a larger framed box for them and was going to try to have them both on the same motion system. I thought of doing switches to the steppers but the thought of having to flick 4 switches per stepper whenever I wanted to switch is not what I am wanting. So my question is, is there a ruida type controller that I can get for the co2, that will have 2 laser control that will actually work with a diode? This is the first place i have asked, if anyone can think of a better/more appropriate forum to ask on please let me know. As far as the extra weight I planned on making the diode head easily removable so the co2 wont have that extra weight to move around. The diode moves so slow anyway that I would doubt it would care about the weight of the co2 Lense/head. Frame for the new enclosure goes together this weekend so I got a bit before wiring drives me crazy. Thanks in Advance.

Jared

There was a recent discussion on this. Take a look here:

If you look around there are other cases of people running a diode laser on a Ruida unit. It’s certainly doable but with reservations.

With a Ruida you would have to add some logic to drive the led laser module.

The Ruida generates a continuous pwm for the layer the entire time it’s running the laser. It then asserts L-On1 to cause it to lase.

The led laser is controlled totally by the pwm… An and gate would do it… but it’s extra electronics you would have to add… Only gate the pwm when L-On1 is asserted (low)… You can change the L-On1 to be inverted, but I don’t think the pwm can be inverted.

There is no doubt it’s doable…

Good luck

:smiley_cat: