Direct selection tool functionality question: Is there a way to NOT select locked objects with the selection tool?

I have 1.5.06. I have some T1 and T2 objects locked onto the cut area. I use it as a guide to place the material quickly. However when I add my objects to cut. When direct selecting them, I also end up selecting the locked objects. I have to hide the locked objects in order not to select them. Is there a way to NOT select locked objects? Seems to me the default should be to NOT select locked objects instead of selecting them with the direct selection tool when trying to select multiple objects. Would love to hear everyone’s feed back. I do understand guides are coming soon. But wish the objects still remained locked and NOT selectable when selecting when the selecting tool is used and the bounding box captures them.

Thanks,

I’ve faced the same issue… I turn show off in the cut/layer, then they don’t get selected.

I don’t know of any other way to handle it… maybe one of the Lightburn selection wizard people have another more practical solution…

:smile_cat:

2 Likes