Disconnect After Every Job

After every job, I have to unplug and then plug back in the USB cable for Lightburn to see the laser. Otherwise, I receive a message stating “there was a problem sending data to the laser”.

Is this an issue with my procedure, the laser, or the software? Any suggestions on how to eliminate this hassle?

Boss LS3655 150w
Windows 10
Lightburn 0.9.02

I haven’t seen this before, but I can try to look into it. What kinds of jobs do you send? Large / small / cuts / engraves / mixed? Just to give me an idea of what to look at.

You can try this: after a job, right-click on the “Devices” button to cycle the connection without having to unplug the USB. You should see along the bottom, “Found RDC644xG” or similar.

I assume the machine isn’t paused, or in a protection state, like the door switch open?

From what I gathered in other posts and discussions on the internet, I need to make sure the machine is on before the software is running (otherwise people have this issue repeatedly). I did try this just now though, and it didn’t seem to help.

No, the machine is not paused and it doesn’t appear to be stuck. I have tried to press the cancel button on the machine itself just to make sure.

I don’t see any option to “retry” the connection … so just a right click on the button does it (no feedback to user?)

I will go try this now …

One thing worth noting is that the auto-discovery did not find the machine when I set it up yesterday.

I might look to just use the Ethernet option, though I’ll have to read up on that a bit more.

Correct - It’s a bit more subtle than I intended, but it was originally to make it easier for me to test the connection cycle.

It’s possible that the driver is old - try installing this and see if that helps: https://ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

I will do the driver install shortly. All day it has had the issue though, regardless of the software being opened after the machine was one or not. Hopefully it’s as simple as the driver.

It’s only odd because this is the same machine that just last week ran my old machine (I sold) by the same manufacturer and same board.

I have been having this same problem. I have to recycle the power on my Thunderlaser to reconnect.
I finally have the ‘ethernet’ cable working. I solved that problem with a “Cross over ethernet cable”. I’m not sure that the ethernet connection will fix the data problem because I haven’t run the laser enough to see what it will do.

Just can’t get it to stop disconnecting after every job. I reinstalled the driver, rebooted, still the same issue.

So I wired it up to the Ethernet by simply running an ethernet cable directly into my Google Wifi hub. Seems happy now, time will tell!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.