Display thread length in cm ? Hi

hi

i need the length of a cutting path for a project … because a thread will run along this path… how long will the thread be ? if i draw 20 lupings and many times around the corner… can the best -.- laser tool show me this if i draw a line by hand ? is there any way to do this ?

There is no automated way to do that within LightBurn, but if you have an opisometer you can measure the perimeter directly from a paper copy:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=opisometer

Definitely old-school, but gets the job done!

1 Like

Would the ‘Measurement’ tool work for you?

Or if you want a total cut length you can check it in the preview dialogue.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

As Markus said above, the measure tool should get there, but you may have to build temporary “construction lines” or duplicate isolated areas to extract the information. For example, if you have a partially thread screw cross section that is a single closed loop and you want to find the thread length, you would draw the red line and “measure” that. Or if you wanted the path length of the threads, you could duplicate the screw and delete all but the area in green. Etc.

Although, I prefer to create technical geometry in a separate CAD application and import the DXF from that into Lightburn. The CAD software is faster and more precise for me when technical design is required.

BBI_402476_1
BBI_402476_1_1709901019290

1 Like

thanks! this will help me move forward and learn something else :slight_smile: gg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.