I’ve been struggling to get an acceptable image engrave for months with little success so I’ve broken down and resorted to asking for help. Below, I’ve done my best to outline the problem, the setup I’m using, the testing & troubleshooting I’ve done and the results. Please help!
Problem: Picture engravings come out in a blotchy mess.
- K40, brand new tube (used K40 rec’d in “basket-case” condition
- SKR v1.3 mainboard running Smoothieware (config)
Troubleshooting: (tests performed between 50%-100% power, 20-30mm/s)
- Focus test - Looks good
- New Interval Test in LB (overall) (focus on 0.07mm)
- Vector engraving is fantastic
- Calibration is spot-on in both X, Y (1mm=1mm, 10=10, 100=100, etc.)
What other testing can I do and what am I doing wrong?