Does anyone know how to fix backlash?

does anyone know how to fix backlash?

Yes. Lots of people.

1 Like

1 Like

very helpful, thanks

Give us something to work with. What are your symptoms? Settings? History of troubleshooting attempts? New occurrence or longstanding? One job or all jobs? Pictures are extremely revealing.

Help us to help you, please.

1 Like

Most often the answer is to engrave slower and to accelerate less. The acceleration and deceleration causes the machine to deflect. This is usually ‘elastic’ so the machine snaps back after the acceleration is finished.

Pictures can help greatly.

1 Like

Working on it Ill upload the photos and details, thanks for the help

I’d tried to engrave and cut with an slow speed, but still the wobble lines, let me know if you think if it’s necessary to losse or tighten the bands

In a previous secuence job this happened

There is a Window with speed and power settings called, the Cuts / Layers Window. Please capture these settings with a screenshot and share them. It is easy to select units for speed in a way that makes the speed faster than expected.

The past behavior you’ve shown here seems to be Lost Motion. The next step is testing the screws in each toothed belt drive sprocket with the Hex wrench (or Allen Key) to confirm that they are still tight.

I see a little bit of what may be gantry bounce. The speed and power settings often contribute to this problem as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.