Does Chinese 40k Co2 laser have good customer support

@LightBurn hey Bonjour started getting political and talking hate speech, he’s not Using very appropriate language towards me and I have the email to prove it though I’m pretty sure you can see what’s deleted. Thanks :blush: I just wanted some answers not to have someone vent off on me.

My suggestion is to save your money and spend ~$13-1500.00 and get a 50 watt machine that has a Ruida controller.
Realizing that it’s just the 50watt machine is really a 35 to 40 W machine and a k40 is about a 25 to 29 W machine.
Unless you like tinkering, a k40 needs a lot of mods. All those are documented in the Forums on the web but you’re going to spend $50-$200 on a new controller and you’ve got to have an air compressor and you have to get in and rip the guts up so that you have a bigger bed.
Find that $1399 blue laser from eBay or Amazon you’ll have a bigger bed it’s almost plug and play and you’ll have a better experience in the end.
I started out with that $1300 machine then bought a diode laser to play with then bought a K 40 because it was really cheap and I’m playing with it so I can learn more about the electronics but in the end my $1300 machine is what I go to to use daily.

2 Likes

One of our admins deleted the comments (with agreement from me). He’s been given a timeout until Oct.

1 Like

Hey man thanks, would you mind sending me a link to one like the one you perched? I’m currently just shopping, I’ve been looking at them off and on for the past 8 months ever sense I bought my first diode laser, I was a machinist at a company that had me working on a Muzak 5 axis Laser and I honestly like running the 40,000 volt machine but a $1,000,000 dollar machine is a bit too much for me :joy: so needless to say I’m just trying to be a good student and do my best to do my research on the different ones out in the market and to see which one best suits me. Thanks again for your time and support as I greatly appreciate it, I’m just a young guy trying to learn and people like you make it so much easier :+1:

Hey do you know if a 800mm laser tube is normal for a 50W Co2 laser? I was wondering because the one I’m looking at is supposed to be a 50w and that’s what the seller says anything else that I should be aware of and or ask the seller in regards to the laser? Thanks again!

1 Like

Bruce, this is a machine that’s close to mine.

I am not endorsing this machine or any others.
You have to look for a Ruida controller and if it ships with lightburn then you know it works with lightburn.

I can tell you that after two years of using my laser, I had a flow switch failure and a stupid mistake, those two combined blew up my tube. I rebuilt the laser ( now called frankenLaser) with a true 60 watt tube and ps. That was the best thing I’ve ever done.
Moral of the story, if it is not what you want, make it better. ( as in Tim the tooltime Taylor):grin:

Ok thanks man, this is the one I saw first off

The seller said the laser tube is 800mm long so I’m not sure if that’s good or not as I saw from the form that a Standard 40W is 700-720mm long but is actually 30-35w’s so I’m assuming that the 50W on this machine that I just put the link to is actually 35-40W in power. Which I guess is fine for the money.
I’m just now looking at the machine link you posted and it looks like it is better built from the pictures then the one I just posted. Now is there anything that I should be looking for besides the laser tube sense you probably have hindsight of what you would have preferred to have done or bought ect. I would prefer to lean off of someone’s mistakes or experience so I can hopefully get a head start, again Thanks. :+1:

Try and find one that has a Ruida DSP controller. It is the best DSP controller out there and most compatible with LB. You might have to spend a few dollars more but it is worth it. As for sellers, Orion Motor Tech seems to be the most responsive when things go wrong.

1 Like

The two mods to any machine that I believe are mandatory are:

A milliamp meter and a visual flow gauge.

The meter so you don’t over drive the tube ( you can’t mount it on the back of the machine. It needs to always be visible)

The flow gauge is just another piece of mind. Everything you need is less than $20 and if I had one before I would not of blown up my tube.

So for less than $40 bucks you have two great safe guards .

1 Like

Okay but my problem with that I honestly have no idea how to mount that on the machine

Ok, I’m going to be looking for that type of controller on the lasers when I’m doing my research. Thanks

I have the same exact machine. Expect a lot of mod work. Most of the mods are on YouTube and are mostly inexpensive, but get ready to put some time into doing them. Most needed mods are a miliamp meter, air assist, and a better exhaust system. It can be a lot of fun to play with, I had a blast with mine. I finally upgraded to a 50w unit so I could do bigger things. If you have the time this is a great unit to get your feet wet, but don’t expect it to do things a $2,000 100w laser will do. Have fun.

Ok :ok_hand: I found one that the seller says his laser tube is 880mm as a 50W I’m assuming that’s a lot closer to the real power, right?

I assume you want to use Lightburn with them. Be SURE the contoller they come with is compatible, At times the pictures show one Ruida, then in the end is not.

Then you need to add 200$ more on a conversion, is a pain.

Ya I’ve been looking at the $1,400-$1,600 laser as they all seam to advertise as having the controller, I’ve been emailing the different sellers asking about the size of the laser tube and the biggest one that I came across was 880mm for a 50W it’s just that the machine has a manual Z axis, is that normal? I would much rather a Motorized Z axis so I can control it from the controller.
I’m not in a lot of hurry so I’ve been just looking for the best machine set up, namely: longest laser tube possible, Motorized Z axis, possible feed through the back Like this picture that’s basically what I’m looking for but weather I can find one that has all 3 is highly unlikely but you don’t know till you look :joy:

You can Google laser tube length and power and get a better idea of how long and how big around a laser tube is vs it’s power. Here is a good article. http://www.laserwd.com/article_how-to-choose-correct-co2-glass-laser-tube-for-your-machine_606.html I have found that a good 50w laser tube is costs more than what you are paying for your entire machine. Have fun and good luck!

1 Like

Ohh my gosh look at this seller he was lying through his teeth :joy:

Hey man thanks for that link to that China company, look at what this one seller said when I told him his tube wasn’t a 50W :joy::point_up_2:I wound up sending him screenshots highlighting that it was a China company and what they said about the length and diameter making the difference between a 50 W laser and a 30 W laser ect. :joy:

Unfortunately some sellers will say anything to sell their product. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. I do not think that anyone who has done their homework will believe that they are getting a high quality laser tube and power supply. The best you can hope for is a seller that will warranty their product until the end. By the time you have made the mods you want to make it work the way you want, you will either want to replace the tube and power supply with quality items or sell the old one for a newer larger model and start your journey all over again. Of course you can spend $10,000 to start and not worry about the specs!