Does LightBurn now allow us to set max power for Ruida

A while back I asked, on the Facebook forum, if it were possible to set the max power for the tube in LightBurn. I remember you guys were thinking about adding the option, and I thought i remember reading something in one of the recent release notes about it but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

I don’t have it enabled yet, but I’ll add it for the upcoming release. EDIT: It looks like I had intended to already - I did the bulk of the work, but forgot to add those entries to the code that tells the system which settings to read. It’s done.

4 Likes

Thanks for that addition, will be very useful.

How will that interact with other power settings?

if I, say, set max power to 80%, would setting 50% in a layer be 50% or 40%, with regards to what’s stated for the tube?

In other words, does it re-scale, or is it just a cap?

I didn’t make the hardware, and haven’t run it through a scope, so I can’t say for sure. I suspect it’s a ramp, but I’d need to measure it or run it.

Ah, I didn’t get that it was a controller setting, I thought it was Lightburn program logic. Sorry.

So would this be a true statement?

This setting will allow us to put in whatever the max power we want to use for the tube, say 70%. And when we go to cut or engrave something, if we set the power at 100%, the actual power output would be the 70%.

1 Like

Yes - it’s a limit setting in the controller.

3 Likes

Just to clarify,

If it’s a limit, then
Using the same scenario, setting it to 75%, it would still output 70%, correct? Same for the bottom I presume…

It would output 70% of max power you set in the controller. So in this case it would be 75% of 70%. But the whole point of setting the max tube power in the controller is so you you don’t have to figure out the power percentages. LightBurn just uses the 75% as it’s 100%.

I’m not sure this is correct, it sounds like it’s a limit and not a range… however, I may be wrong and that’s why I’m trying to clarify… of course I’d just run the tests myself but that feature isn’t in LightBurn release yet.

It’s a controller setting, so changing it in RDWorks would also affect LightBurn, if that’s an option for you. (if you’re on a PC it’s easy enough, but if you’re on Mac or Linux it would be a pain)

That’s a very nice looking settings screen. I’m looking forward to that one being enabled.

2 Likes