Does this affect Camera Alignment?

Hey there!

Just going through some camera setup and when I got to the alignment, I run the laser to run the target marker image. For some reason on 1 it looks like the attached image where the cross hair doesn’t line up. Is this normal? Is this an issue in my laser mirror alignment? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I went through the full alignment process and it seems pretty well aligned. But I want to go through the whole process again just to be sure. Figured I would ask about this here before I do the Calibration and Alignment over again.

Thank you!
Brett!

That looks like the machine slipped between the fill pass and the marking pass - have you had that happen before?

You also have your power up a little too high, but that won’t hurt it.

Hey Oz! Thank you, will adjust the power down the next time.

As for the slipping… in the 2 times I have run the Alignment both seemed to turn out the same 1 and 2 seem to slip the most, 3 a little and the 4 seems perfect. I haven’t seen slipping on any projects, but honestly I haven’t used the machine much as I just got it.

Any idea what could be the cause of the slipping? Is that belt tension that needs tightening? Thanks again for your time!

Cheers,
Brett

I think 4 is engraved last and marked first, so it makes sense that one would be closest. It could be idle speed or acceleration (move speed between cuts). Run a few simple tests like a few circles around the bed set to Fill, and then a few circles around those set to Line, to see how things line up.

If you just got the machine it might need some tweaking.

Thank you! Will try that. I will start another thread with results to see about tweaks based on how the results turn out. Thank you again, really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Brett

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.