Dog tags, leather notepad - fiber laser

Managed to get some ok results on dog tags so far. Anyone have some good settings for a 60W Fiber MOPA for dog tag pictures? I’ve been playing and this is pretty much the best I’ve managed to get but I think I can do better, still trying!

I did get a good burn on leather with the fiber. Loving this thing!

4 Likes

Looking good! Organics on a fiber always has me wary - is that leather or leatherette?

Leatherette. Worked great and SO much faster than the CO2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Be careful with leatherette, sometimes it can be vinyl-derived and that creates toxic + corrosive fumes.

Been working on coasters as well, took me 18 seconds to do this one, same coaster takes 1.5 minutes on the CO2.

That said, the CO2 is still amazing… cut this out for a church. I’ve cut 5 just alike and I’m trying to glue them together without the glue squeezing out this time. :rofl:

1 Like

On the cross. Try putting 3M tape on the material before cutting. Then use pull the backing off and line them up.

I used some medium CA glue and some accelerator and it worked fine. I still didn’t like it, so I’m now cutting it out of 1/2” walnut … hopefully that looks better. Will probably glue two of those together. :slight_smile:

Gave up on the laser, cut it on the CNC. :smiley:

1 Like