🍆 Don’t talk bad about a GlowForge or they will sue you…(see article) when your overpriced laser sucks and people know it you have to resort to lawsuits to make money

If you read the article, Glowforge filed a motion to drop their suit.

“…But last week the company filed a new motion to dismiss its claim against Gleich without prejudice. A hearing on that motion is scheduled for Friday in Seattle.”

I read the article!

The real question is why did they drop the suit?

The tech activist is right in his detection of a high voltage wire fault. I think that in the process of the lawsuit more information would be exposed during the discovery which would hurt GlowForge further. Bottom line GlowForge is on their way out. Did you read about their recent layoffs and losing of some funding they were waiting on?

The Thunder Laser Bolt which sells for less than their $6K+ Pro model is an air cooled CO2 that is far superior. Additionally it uses Lightburn not cloud based software to operate.

:headstone: RIP GlowForge

It just shows that Glowforge also does not boil their eggs in anything other than water …, ok - expensive water but water. :wink:
It is marketing/technically a disaster to respond with a lawsuit on a serious security problem of their products that one of their own customers makes them aware of. Instead of thanking, apologizing and fixing the problems, Glowforge just maneuates itself in a very unsympathetic corner.

1 Like

To my mind, Glowforge is much more a marketing company than a technology company. I’d like to think that the market has wised up about them, but it is probably more likely that the spate of cheaper “consumer” lasers is what’s hurting their bottom line.

There should be a pool on how long they will stay in business.

They will be replaced by a new company doing the very same marketing. My $ is on Xtool :slight_smile:
Although their machines are FAR superior

1 Like

Product Recalls

In a business that deals with physical products, a recall due to safety concerns or quality issues can damage your reputation and financial stability if not handled properly. Timely communication and effective recall management are essential in minimizing the negative impact.

Looks like GlowForge took the damn if we give a crap about your safety road. This will cost them guaranteed.

There was a famous case that some of the older folks might know about. It involved Ford and a car they made called the Pinto.

It seems that new business ventures don’t study past business failures so that they can learn from them.

When the design of the Ford Pinto was found to be defective and the cause of the explosions that killed people in accidents involving the car, it was discovered that Ford had prior knowledge of the defect but decided that the cost of recalling and fixing the popular model would be greater than the amount of money the company was likely to pay in lawsuits over the accidents. Placing a monetary value on human life–and a losing one at that–created a huge scandal that rocked the auto industry and forced a re-evaluation of its culture of profit.

Today newer startups like GlowForge fail to understand that historical data from other companies can aid them in doing the right thing yet they choose to think that it would not happen to them.

Here is a conversation about the issue on their own forum. They closed the thread because it was getting too hot:

GlowForge failed to use their critical thinking and decided to shoot from the hip.

They are done in my humble opinion.

If you are curious about the Ford Pinto story here is some great further reading:

I believe that it was closed because there were too many “flags” from forum members, presumably because the OP had a scripture-based signature line in her posts but that’s just conjecture. I believe that only so-called “regular” members can flag posts and members become regulars by posting regularly and frequently, as logged by the GF forum software. That usually means members who have a long history of supporting the product on the forum. “Regulars” used to have their own private sub-forum where they were able to circle the fan-boy wagons and discuss how to deal with disgruntled owners who got too vocal. They may well still have that sub-forum.

I’ve said that to people many times. GlowForge is nothing more than a Marketing company that just happens to sell a Laser Engraver. And a poor one at that.