Double Edges while running Longer Ray5 10W

I cut out one of the LA Hobby Guy’s Xmas tea lights yesterday afternoon, it came out perfect to the smallest detail. In the evening, I installed a Comgrove camera. During the installation, Lightburn crashed repeatedly during the calibration. I have given up on the camera for now. This morning I tried to cut out another tea light. It looks like the images have double edges or are out of focus. I have tried several other files to rule out the tea light file being corrupted, same results. I have rebooted the computer, rebooted the laser, recalibrated the X & Y axes, kissed the dog and banged my head against the work bench, none of which helped.

For the love of god, if anyone knows what is going on, please help. I am 3 steps short of losing it.

The attached photos show what I am trying to describe. The first one shows what the edges should look like, the rest show what I am getting. The X axis is left to right in the pictures.

IMG_2291
IMG_2293
IMG_2294
IMG_2295

As in all these types of misalignment problems you need to check your mechanical first. centered around loose set screws on couplers or pully to motor shaft screws.

Checked, all set screws tight. However, the X axis belt was loose. Tightened the belt, ran quick test, sharp as a tack. Thank you for pointing out the obvious that I was too dense to see.

Thanks
Jake

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.