Drivers blown aay after windows 10 update

1 maybe 2 problems here. trocen 708c controller shows up in win 10 device manager as awc usb device. ftdi drivers install but nothing changes. windows still has no driver. and now unable to even see an option in lightburn to save a ud5 file and use a thumb drive to send a file to the controller. haven’t used the laser in a while and something has changed in the mean time. either I am missing where to create a ud5 file in lightburn (old age) or it’s no longer there. controller no longer shows up as a serial port, it now shows up as AWC_USB_DEVICE. what am I missing here? I like to think that I am the one that can provide the help but this one has me a little baffled. bad trocen controller and a windows update issue maybe?

If you install LaserCAD, there’s an option with that to install the driver it uses. That should get LightBurn to see it again.

Having said that, you don’t have to be connected to save a UD5 file - you just have to configure and choose a Trocen device:

If you have a Trocen device active, and you have something you can save, you’ll see this button:

I remembered after a little fuss that the trocen was installed as part of laser cad. (Old age) got that going. There were a few drivers that were blown away on this laptop as few windows updates ago. Thought I had them all sorted out. I dont see the same ud5 dialogue that you show. I have a few buttons missing there. About the same time I lost the drivers my burns started coming out mirrored horizontally. Haven’t had enough time lately to play to check all of the origins. That seemed to happen on the last lightburn update. Thought that maybe the origin settings had been lost with the upgrade. Haven’t had time to check for sure.

Check and make sure LightBurn is not in beginner mode in the settings. It will hide quite a bit of the buttons you are used to seeing.

1 Like

I must be getting forgetful. The ud5 saving issue was sure enough caused by a flip of the switch in beginners mode. Thanks to you all. You’re what makes light burn what it is. Greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.