DSP and grbl running on one computer

Is it possible to run a Co2 (DSP) and GRBL (DIODE) on one computer (laptop)? I added my (DSP) to the laptop and now my (GRBL) laser has defaulted to the CO2 settings. If that makes any sense.

Hello Johnny

You have to create 2 device profiles
One for your Co2 and one for your Diode laser

Once you do this you can - with your device profile selected - navigate to Edit > devices and alter the scale if you wish (mm/sec and mm/min)

Regarding the layer settings, you cant isolate these.
If you used in your previous job a Co2 setting and create a new job - it will still have those settings.

1 Like

Yes, you need to add your C02 as a new device. Then you choose which device you want to use. Each device has it’s own settings that activate when you switch to that device.

I’m assuming you mean the GRBL has switched to mm/s and possibly changed your origin. If that’s the case, before adding your C02, load a preferences file from before you did the upgrade and see if that sets things right, then add your C02 laser.

2 Likes

The downside of having two similar machines of the same brand is, I get half way thru a stack of parts before I am on the wrong profile. Fortunately, they are so alike that I don’t notice and no harm is done. :joy:

1 Like

Hola, en primer lugar saludos a la comunidad desde España, decir que tenia el mismo problema y sabia como solucionarlo, gracias a este hilo, e dado con el mismo error que tenia Jmllr112, y la solución propuesta por Gil Araujo, aun siendo obvia, siempre la pase por alto, ahora todo ok con mis dos maquinas las Vevor CO2 130cmx90cm y Laser TRE diodo 60cm x 60cm dor perfiles de maquinas, dos configuraciones, mismo software Lightburn todo ok " Atener siempre en cuenta: Respuesta del señor Gil Araujo “En cuanto a la configuración de las capas, no se pueden aislar.
Si en el trabajo anterior se utilizó una configuración de CO2 y se crea un trabajo nuevo, seguirá teniendo esa configuración.”, gracias comunidad

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.