Dual Head Laser and not recognizing head 2 over ethernet connection

We recently purchased 2 dual head 100w laser engravers from China. As most things are from China, these lasers required a little bit of love and tinkering to get working correctly. After weeks of setup, we were ready to fire our first program. We used the direct USB plugin as our laptop that runs Lightburn was right next to it, and it worked flawlessly. Fast forward a few months, and a week or so ago we installed a new office in the warehouse and are now running the laser from the laptop using an ethernet connection (remote access, not exchange cable). After some tinkering, we got the network all set up and can remotely access the laser. The only issue we are having now is that Lightburn doesn’t seem to recognize the second head. When USB is plugged in, its perfect, but when we use Ethernet we lose the second head option all together. We are making do now, but with these lasers being a part of our production line, we cant afford the extra time it takes for the one head to cut everything out, essentially doubling our production time per sheet.

After updating to ver. 0.9.21 my laser machine does not show me the options for the second head. Update to 0.9.22 does not fix it. HELP!

1 Like

I don’t have an answer myself but someone should be around later.
Could tell them what OS you are using, Windows, Mac…
You’ll get an answer sooner the more info you can give them.

1 Like

My OS is Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, and I am on LightBurn 0.9.22

Did you all go into machine settings and see if both lasers have been activated?

2 Likes

@Enno is correct. :slight_smile: Click the ‘Spanner / Screwdriver’ icon to expose the ‘Device Settings’ window. Just enable and restart.

3 Likes

Well I was allmost right, it was in device settings not machine settings

2 Likes

@Karl_Bloomaker, it would also be helpful if you provided the controller make and model in your profile under the machine info.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.