Duplicate material thickness in cut library

As seen in the screen grab above: For some reason some cut and engrave settings in my library are in separate material thickness sections even though the thickness settings are the same. It doesn’t happen with everything, and it started a few versions ago. I’m currently on 1.5.02

Still happening… Any idea why?

I looked into the CLB library file and found some different thicknesses listed even though they were entered as the same material thickness in the Llightburn Library:
Entry Thickness=“7.3609” Desc=“Cut 0.060 TEMPLATE”,
Entry Thickness=“7.3600” Desc=“Cut 3mm + VHB”,

But one of the material thicknesses that is in it’s own separate material thickness section is the same 7.3609 thickness entry as the other section so I don’t know…

Could this be due to entering material thickness in various units?

The material thickness in the library has been entered as 0.2898 in for all the materials. I have no idea why it’s different in the actual CLB file.

Material library will store all values in mm irrespective of input unit.

Just a guess, could the conversions have resulted in different values internally?
@JohnJohn

That was related to my initial thought. Where perhaps one was input as mm directly and the other from converted units… However, if they were always input with the same units and value then that seems less likely.

I do know that LightBurn changed the precision used for some operations. Not sure if that would have affected Material Library entries.

1 Like

Maybe analyze the material file?
If @toofazt posts the file you can have a look.

He’s also already shown the XML content where there are distinct entries for slightly different thicknesses. That explains why the materials show as distinct nodes. it doesn’t explain how that occurred though.

I don’t know what’s going on here but I’ll ask the team if this is expected behavior.

It seems pretty clear it’s not the same value or it would be under a single area… assuming that’s how he was entering it… The library functions took me a few times to figure out what it was doing…

Could you look in the library file and see if they are identical entries?

:smile_cat:

Any update or cures for this behavior?

Update: I managed to replicate this.
Those really are different thicknesses.

3.00mm
What I did:
3.00009mm

If I click on edit, only 3.00 mm appears, but internally they are different.
Sorry @JohnJohn

No apology is necessary, your demonstration is clear and appreciated.

I have reported this behavior to the Dev team. It’s clearly demonstrated but I’ll be back for more information if needed.

1 Like