DXF line sequence not preserved anymore if optimize cut path switched off

I often generate my DXF files manually in a way that the lines have a particular cutting order, e.g. to make sure items fall out in a particular order (e.g. to prevent tiny parts to fall through the grate before things are ready).

My expectation is, that LightBurn will emit the lines in exactly that order if I have not enabled any optimization settings.

What actually happens is, that the order the lines are emitted are somewhat random in some sort of ‘pseudo’ optimization (looks like closer lines are cut when they are near).

What I need is that if I have ‘optimize cut path’ switched off and have set a kerf-offset of zero (which means there is no need for any re-arrangement of lines), that the sequence emitted to the laser are exactly the same as they are in the DXF input file.

Here is a simple example file that first should cut all the vertical lines up and down followed by the horizontal lines. However, with optimization settings turned off and zero kerf, Lightburn starts with the horizontal lines, sometimes interweaving some vertical lines in the process and the finishes with the vertical lines. So an entirely different order.
stripe.dxf (16.9 KB)

I think this used to work (version: ? somewhere in the last year), but right now (v 1.2.00) this is broken.

I went through all my old versions and narrowed down the version:

• 1.1.03 - OK - lines are emitted in the same order as provided in the DXF file
  • 1.1.04 - broken. - cut order from DXF is not preserved anymore.

Is this something on the todo list to fix in @LightBurn ?

Hadn’t seen it until just now. Fixed for the next update.

Wonderful, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.