Edit sansSerif text

Hi, I am new to Lightburn so my question might be a simple task, but I am struggling to figure this out.
I have a text in SansSerif font, that I want to cut out of a piece of acrylic. This piece of acrylic will be used to paint the text on boxes and posters.
My problem is that the text is “KORN180” and when I cut the O, R, 8 and 0 parts are falling out. Can I convert the text to vectors and do some sort of node editing? I would like the O to have a piece at the top and the bottom where it is not cut…and so on with the other letters / numbers. It should end up looking like the picture I have attached here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Peter

Select your text, and go to Edit -> Convert to path. Then you can node edit it, etc. I tried doing some boolean operations, but I couldn’t get what you’re looking for exactly. I just usually use Illustrator for all my vector stuff.

1 Like

Type the text. Then use the rectangle create tool to draw a small vertical rectangle area across the O in Korn (the area where you want the supports). Select the text, hold shift and select the rectangle, then use the subtraction boolean operator. Viola’

2 Likes

Yeah do that. Way easier than node editing that crap lol.

Perfect, just what I was looking for :smiley:
Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

There is also a web site that will turn any font into a stencil font for you automatically it is:

3 Likes

This is just great. Could be very useful some day, thanks a lot :smile:
Bookmarked for sure.
/Peter

That looks like and awesome tool to include into lightburn someday.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.