Editing .rd files

Recently, I created some files but did not save copies as Lightburn files. I did save to a USB stick for my machine as .rd. Later, I needed to open the files to make some changes for a new burn. Since I did not save a lightburn file, I had to import the .rd file to make the edits. The problem I encountered was once opened, all of the items on the page were grouped together and I could find no way to ungroup the items to edit them individually. Is there a way to ungroup the items on the page for editing or is this just an issue with opening .rd files?

The .RD file is going to have each layer produced as one set of cut lines baked as it would be sent to the controller. Opening an RD file will show all shapes on a single layer as a single object, and is editable as paths. Zoom in to see that the marquee is just dash lines and not the ‘dot dot dash’ pattern used to signify the selection is a part of a group.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.