Editing Shapes... help

So I’m trying to make the bottom happen in Lightburn. I’ve spent at least an hour trying to accomplish this through trimming, welding, union, etc.and just can’t do it. I imported the top image as an SVG into Vcarve clicked the waves and inner circle, interactive trim tool, and done. Export back to Lightburn and get exactly what I want (bottom image).

What am I missing why can’t I accomplish this in Lightburn. I’m sure there’s a way but it sure isn’t making itself clear to me.

Have you tried making another oval the same shape as the outer bit and using the different weld options, not sure what the 4 things are called, or try the cut tool, it acts different depending on if you have line or fill selected ( it’s towards the bottom of edit or tools) I think most tools make a difference on what order you click the different shapes you want.

1. Make sure that all waves are grouped into a single object
  2. Make a duplicate of the inner ellipse from the two ellipses that makes up the inside line
  3. Select both the waves and the duplicate ellipse
  4. Tools->Boolean Intersection

Success. I prefer to work in the same platform that I’m going to use to output for ease of editing text and that sort of thing so the back and forth with VCarve wasn’t ideal.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.