Enable Rotary turns off laser

Looking for help…. Got the laser rotary attached and x and y will work. The job will frame. The pulse of the machine on the ruida controller works. However I can’t ‘start’ the burn as the laser won’t come on when the ‘enable rotary’ is on. Any suggestions?

Can you get a screenshot of the rotary setup window? Not a lot to go on with the info you provided.

Did you fix it?

Jeff, what a mind reader… :crazy_face:

:smiley_cat:

I’m confused lol

1 Like

Wish I could fix stuff when ‘confused’… Seems a common state for me…

Hi, how do I attach the pictures?

Good guess…

Assuming you’re up and running?

Good morning, still not able to get this to run.
I have a ruida 644xg.
Rotary equipment is connected. I can get the x and y to move using the arrows on the controller. I can get lightburn to frame the job. when I click on “Start” to actually burn the job it will not work. i’ve tried turning on/off the ruida controller and it made no difference.

Suggestions?

Can you be more specific than “will not work”? Do you get an error? Does the controller beep at you? What kind of controller is it? (the exact model number)

Some newer Ruida controllers use the U axis for the rotary, and in order for them to work, you have to Send the file to the controller, then run the file from the controller panel. If you have a Ruida 6445g with newer firmware, this might be the case for you.

The plot continues… “will not work”… when I “enable rotary” and press on “Start” nothing happens. when I “enable rotary” and press “frame”, the job starts.
I changed the “enable rotary” to off and the “start” button works. I was able to do a test cut.
No errors display. No beeping with the “start” button. I get the beeping with the ‘frame’.

I have a ruida 644XG.

All seems to work with the “enable rotary” set to “off”.

Now it’s the steps per rotation which are not working.

Where do i find the controller model number?

On a sticker on the controller box itself, inside the right-side panel of the machine.

Usually in the middle of the white box shown here:

Hi,
here’s what I see RDC6445G(EC) and RDC445000326939.

Is anything else needed?

After you press ‘start’, does the Ruida window show anything?

You have a 6445G, so there’s a very good chance that you have to press ‘Send’ when using the rotary, not ‘Start’. It’s a quirk of their hardware, and RDWorks behaves the same.

Absolutely nothing happens

It seems to send as I can see the settings on the ruida controller. It just doesn’t seem to engage

No luck with sending the file. The numbers of x and y were changing on the ruida panel but the rotary was not turning nor was the laser moving

You are using ‘Send’ in LightBurn, giving the file a name, going to the laser, pressing the ‘File’ button, and choosing the file from there, correct?