Engraving efficiency of Product application VS Lightburn software

Hello all,

I’m new to laser engraving and recently purchased the Atezr P20Plus with a few buddies of mine. It sets up relatively easy and connects to the laser without any known issue. However, working with some calibration pieces we’ve noticed a distinct difference between the application “ATEZR LASER” on the iPhone and the Lightburn software that we’re currently working with. If I were to upload an image to the phone and burn through the application, it seems to auto calibrate and etch the images quite simply. They may not be of the best quality, but they’re etched quickly and are distinct with little to no editing of the image. On the other hand, after producing an etching calibration chart with LightBurn with respect to power and speed, Choosing the settings and editing the image, LightBurn seems to etch the images quite slowly.

I’ve looked at a number of forum topics and videos referring to the S-value setup and checking $$30. Everything is set to 1000. I’m assuming it is 1000 because during set up we used “find device” and it appears to have pulled the settings from the laser. I can’t see recommendations for this posted anywhere on their sites or elsewhere. Using the sample wood materials that came with the machine and some tumblers we have laying around, we’re running about 30% power at 10mm/s to get our most crisp calibration. Faster at higher power produces a significantly faded image while higher power at slow speeds char the material quite a bit. We can’t seem to find a middle ground.

I am not at my laser at the moment to take screenshots of the settings. I can get them later if needed, but I was hoping that in the meantime someone may be able to shine some light on why there is a notable difference between the phone application and the computer software.

Thank you in advance and I apologize if there is something similar to this, but this laser seems new and I didn’t see any topics posted when I searched the forum.

RE: I’m assuming it is 1000 because during set up we used “find device”

Not sure from above if you checked from above description, but when my atomstack laser was autodetected via ‘find device’, I later found that the “S-value max” in Device settings was NOT updated to 1000 … it was at the default value of 255. If you haven’t already, you should check.

dvc

Thank you for the reply. I did check device settings as well. That is set to 1000. I was wondering if there is some internal setting on the board of the laser that I can verify somehow. The information that comes with the equipment doesn’t seem to shine any light one what it should be.

I will say that it does do quite a decent job with little to no preparation. Its just the comparative speeds between the phone app and the LightBurn software. On the phone I can’t even see the settings because its bare bones. Again, I just assume the settings are 1000.

Now, I happened to read something earlier that I was going to look into more that referred to some max speed setting and if it’s lower than it’s capabilities it will scale down the speed and power to compensate. Not currently fully understanding where to verify this, but I thought this should be considered as well.

Thank you for the response tho. I’m sure I’ll figure it out soon enough.

RE: Now, I happened to read something earlier that I was going to look into more that referred to some max speed setting and if it’s lower than it’s capabilities it will scale down the speed and power to compensate.

I’m curious if you have happened to discover anything? I’d love to know if you did!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.