Engraving on artists canvas

anyone burning on artists canvases??? I have a few and want to try, just looking for some guidance before trial and error (=destroying a few before getting it right)

1 Like

I’ve tried with some I bought from Joann’s. They smelled so bad! It seemed like it was either an on or off type of burn. I didn’t get much variation when i tried a couple test grids. It was either dark or burned through. Even then, when i wiped the smoke off with a wet rag, the darkened areas disappeared back to the canvas color like it was burning something that the canvas was coated with. I’m going to try painting then lasering to see what that yields.

Pretty sure you need to paint the canvas 1st. I want to do one and paint it multiple colors, maybe so a sunset or something.

trials underway

1 Like

Where did your trials end up at? What kind of success and failure did you have? I picked up some canvas on Friday and just got back from Ace w with some spray paint. Looking forward to give it a go.

I am shooting engagement photos for a coworker tonight and think this would look sweet as a gift!