Engraving two lines on pen

I am trying to engrave a pen with a chuck rotary. The pen in a nominal .625" dia. I want lettering on each side of the clasp. At this point my engraving is “almost” on top of each other. I have selected “Current Position” and center job orientation. Clearly I have selected something incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is worth review: Rotary Setup - LightBurn Software Documentation

Thank you very much for your response.

I could lay the pen on its side an engrave a name then, turn it over and engrave the 2nd name. But, I wanted to have one file with the lettering (or image) on the opposite side.

Attached is a file I’m currently working on to properly locate the lettering.

Clifford
PEN10_B.lbrn2 (17.7 KB)

Hi flyCDT,
to engrave your pen the rotary is going to be a problem because the rotary is set for mugs or glass or cup. You need to create a jig most the pen is only 25 character or two lines keep that in mind also your image has to very small to feet in. or you can print the image separately from the text. see my jig for pen and pencils. or can go to Pencil Jig for CNC/Laser by crex1084 - Thingiverse and print from a

3d printer. also the has the lightburn template as well. and hope that will help you

Thank you very much for your input. I understand your input BUT, mechanically I don’t understand why I can’t index the chuck in increments that would allow for engraving.

On a 3 inch diameter piece of wood I was able to place an image 180 degrees apart. I am still trying to wrap my head around the inability to index the chuck with a .5 inch (nominal) diameter dowel rod.

That being said I greatly appreciate your input.

Clifford

I also meant to comment on your superb pencil jig. Thank you!!

There’s no reason why you can’t do a pen on a chuck rotary. I’ve done anodized flashlights with a diameter of 0.70"

If you draw a rectangle that is 1.96" high (.625 x 𝞹) by some width shorter than a pen does it frame correctly and rotate the pen 360° ?

Thank you Mr. Morgan. I will continue to try. Again, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.