Engraving two of the same file takes more than double one

I am trying to make an engraving file that cuts two of the same data plate at once. What I dont understand is that to cut one plate when oriented vertically takes 59 min, but when I try to cut two (both oriented vertically) it takes not 2 hrs but 3 hrs, see below:

Why is this? It seem odd
Another related issue I am having is that I cannot set the speed any higher than 70 mm/s when I orient my plates vertically (so I can fit 2). When I set it any higher than 70 my machine spits back "need more overshooting or larger acceleration”. I think this is because my engraving is 288mm tall and my bed working area is only 300mm tall. Is this accurate? Can I not cut at full speed if what I am cutting takes up the extent of the working area? Any help is appreciated, I am trying to speed up the process of making these plates.
One_example.lbrn2 (586.5 KB)
Two_example.lbrn2 (1.1 MB)

It takes more than twice as long due to the increased travel distance. Setting your Fill layer to ‘Fill shapes individually’ or ‘Fill groups together’ should speed it up.

The second issue is due to overscanning - when engraving, extra travel moves are added to the beginning and end of the scan lines to give the laser space to speed up and slow down in before and after firing. The faster you set your project to run, the more overscanning space is required. If there’s not enough space for these overscanning moves, due the combination of speed and the position in your workspace, you’ll get this error.

Depending on how large your laser’s bed is you might be able to move your graphics or job origin further into the interior to avoid this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.