Engraving with cross-hatch option turned ON

Hi all,

It’s my first time trying out the Cross-hatch option for engraving with Lightburn on my Aeon Mira (Ruida controller) and I’m having some issues I can not resolve on my own.

When the option is turned ON the first cross-hatch pass has a depth of more than 1mm (power set to 20% speed of 900mm/s, same as for normaln non cross-hatch engraving). With the same settings without the option turned ON I get a perfect engraving on acrylic… Any help solving my issue would be appreciated :slight_smile:

I’m not an expert but these settings work good for me on acrylic. 60w co2 laser.

The settings (power & speed) don’t effect the outcome at all if cross-hatch is ON (enabled). Even on low/high power low/high speed I get engravings going as deep as 1mm on the first pass (ie. from left to right…)

…are you sure this is correct?

Why? Even 1200mm/s is possible…

What is the angle of the cross-hatch?

Even if you’re able to get 1200 mm/s along the X-axis there’s no way you’re getting that along the Y-axis. The controller should reduce power to accommodate the slower speed but that will depend on the min power set.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.