Error 20 on or near line 3 and no idea what I am doing

I did look through topics but still can not find out what I need to do to fix it.
Just purchased Lightburn, the demo worked perfectly. Now, it is stopping after a few steps. I have not changed, nor do I know how to change any settings on GRBL.
Program is useless to me.

Starting stream
G00 G17 G40 G20 G54
G91
M4
M7
G0X2.0232Y0.2995
G1X0.0107F236.142S1000
G1X0.3049S0
G1X0.0107S1000
G1X0.1552S0
G1X0.016S1000
error:20
On or near line 3:
Stream completed in 0:00
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

Something changed. We are going to need a bit more from you to determine what.

Let’s start with the basics so we know what we are working with. I see from your profile, you have a “GRBL, 3018 cheap”, yet I need to know what version of grbl along the OS you are running on the computer.

Please post a picture of the console just after connecting so we can see the firmware version reported upon a successful connection. Then enter “$$” into the console, hit return, Then copy and paste the entirety of what gets spit out and post here so we can review.

As a side, you might want to familiarize yourself with the following due to your system’s use of GRBL. These are good resources you will reference frequently while tuning your setup for optimum results.

1 Like

Go to Device Settings, and change this to use M8:

GRBL is supposed to support both, but they mistakenly disabled M7 support in the public release. Not sure why that was set as it was - the LightBurn default is M8.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.