Error:9 G-code locked out during alarm or jog state on Mac

Hello, I get the following error when I click on the button to set my laser at a position on the page. Please help.
error:9
G-code locked out during alarm or jog state

This is propably bacause the machine is not homed - then it does not know where your laser is, and cannot place it where you want it. Try homing it ?

Thank you so much for your reply! I’m brand new to lasers and to LightBurn. How do you home the laser?
Thank you again,
Elizabeth

You are most welcome - i’m n expert myself but i will contribute if I can :slight_smile:

So homing requires endstops, so it really depends on whether you have these or not - Im not familiar with the COMGROW Z1 ?

I you do, you hit the house button in the move panel. The machine will then go the endstops, retract a little and the activate the endstops again. Your machine is now at 0,0 and you can have the laser go where you want it.

If you do not have endstops, manually move the laser head to front left corner BEFORE you plug the machine in. When LB starts it assumes your machine is at 0,0 no matter where the laser is located on your x/y axis. And I would recommend installing endstops, it makes at lot of things much easier.

let me know if this helps.

2 Likes

Rune, your brilliant! It worked! Hallelujah!
Thank you so very much for your help!
Elizabeth

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.