Even burn on square, Uneven burn on shape

Using my LaserPecker 4 and Lightburn I’m getting a quite uneven burn on a logo I’m trying to print on metal cards. When I do a square using the same settings I get an even burn.

I use the default machine configuration that is provided by LaserPecker and latest software.

I tried the following changes (maybe not in the most perfect combinations or values so I’ll test anything needed)

• a bunch of speed/power values.
  • bi-directional fill
  • flood-fill
  • offset fill
  • cross-hatch
  • overscanning
  • 90degree scan angle

I’m willing to answer any questions needed to solve this.

I use a very low line interval (0.0100) (2540 lpi) to achieve a result where the lasering lines aren’t visible.

Do you mind supplying the .lbrn2 file so we can look?

I assume this is the 1064nM laser…

:smile_cat:

FIRST_DESIGN.lbrn2 (58.6 KB)

Here is the design file, don’t know if the settings are the one of that exact print but I seem to get this problem with most of the combination I’ve tried.

L4-V6.5.5-M4.lbdev (4.6 KB)

And here is the machine import

and yes this is the 1064nM one

It’s kind of tough to follow why you have so many layers… Might want to turn off show if you turn off the layer to output… It looks ok from what I can see…

A good option is the preview, it will tell you what the output looks like… at least where it will lase.

The only layer enabled is the c10 or c03, the location of lasering is no problem, the problem is the gradient mentioned an showed in the picture but I’ll put some arrows to clarify

You need to look at those areas you don’t like with a magnifying glass or microscope and see if you are taking off all the coating. Maybe a slightly smaller interval if that’s the case.

That graphic doesn’t look like the posted one in the .lbrn2 file.