Everything works, laser doesn't engrave

I have an Ortur Laser Master 2 that I just assembled. I can burn using LaserGRBL but when I come to LightBurn it acts like it burns, the laser engages, but it doesn’t burn. I have been trying to follow a lot of the other posts and so far I haven’t found a solution that works. I should also say I would provide more information (like the $variables) but I am unsure where or how to find those.Enclosed are some Screen Captures of my Device Settings. If given the info I would gladly provide more intel.

Capture3

Are you saying the laser head moves as it should but there is no beam coming from it ?

I am saying the head moves and there is a beam but the beam doesn’t burn.

What speed and power are you using ? What are you engraving on, light coloured material doesn’t burn that well with a diode laser

I am unsure of the speed and power, I assume that is in the settings I provided. I am still learning where everything is in the software and I can’t answer that question. It would be the default setting. I did the default settings in LaserGRBL and it burned just fine. I am burning into pine wood. If the info isn’t in my OP then if you point me to where I can find it, that would be great.

The speed and power of the burn is set in the ‘cut/layers’ palette. Set a high power and slow speed, say 90% power and 200mm/m speed. Re run the burn and see if it burns

cut

It was set at 20% so I set it to 100% and tried a burn on cardboard. Still nada. I then recalled reading that sometimes GRBLs don’t like 100% power so I dialed it back to 90% and still nothing.

Just for S&G I closed LightBurn and restarted it. The cut settings worked! Now to tune them to my project. Thank you for all of your help!

No problem, glad you got it sorted

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.