Execution order in material test

I got my laser engraver just on week ago, therefore my first steps where to do material tests.

With the default settings like this
mat_test_default

The engraver will start with the slowest (300mm/m) row.
I had some issues, because sometimes the material was nearly burning when it reaches a certain power amount. The sample was then useless.

My solution was to change the generator settings like this:

mat_test_better

This will start the 10% power row, with the fastest speed first, slowing down - and than increasing the power row by row.
It is easy to stop the process when the cuts where successful.

It would be even better if the order in which the boxes are executed is selected by the amount of energy applied to a certain spot (using the result of Power/Speed).

The expected result should look nearly like this:

This will help finding the the best values, even when the processing has to be stopped. Because al boxes of interesst would already have finished.

Is this already possible?
If not, this would be a very nice improvement.

Thanks a lot.
Joe

Note that you can make your own material test, based on one found on Internet (I posted mines on a thread there, there are others). There are also some online generators. You can output one, load it in LB, and customize it.
Downside: perhaps more work to adjust it.
Advantage: you have total control, on what is displayed, where, the layer order, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.