Exporting options problems

I am having problems with exporting files finished in LB, I have imported art, then edited it in LB. However, when it is finished I would like to Export as DXF or SVG files. I have yet been able to get this to work. Am I missing an option or something??

Win10 pro x64
LB 0.9.06

I loaded a recent project into LB and selected File, Export. Under the menu drop down for file types, I have SVG and DXF and AI.

Does your program not display those options?

What are the steps you are taking to attempt the export? As @fred_dot_u identifies, choosing ā€˜Fileā€™ā†’ā€™Exportā€™ should bring up the save dialog and allow the choice of 3 file types in the drop-down from that window, .AI, .DXF, or .SVG. Is this not working for you?

I do have the option but when I name the file it does not save anything, doesnā€™t even leave an empty file.

I am not getting the same. Using 9.06 mac version, I export to DXF, then open that file via online browser-based viewer. Same results for SVG files. What else can you share that might help us help you with this further?

Is the imported file a bitmap? When you edit it, do you create vectors/paths which is what is expected to be exported. If you are only modifying the bitmap, it seems likely that you will not be able to export it as a vector type (AI, DXF, SVG) which may be the key to the problem.

So I am importing the svg file, making a few edits, and adding a couple shapes. then I try to export to a svg file, give it a name, a location, then nothing is made. With this said I have never been able to get this function to work, I am guessing I am missing something that I need to do.

Are the items selected when you try and export?

I have tried with items selected, and without selecting various items. I am at a loss with this feature.

So, to add a little more info I found also that when t I run the preview app, there is an option for save as picture in there. I tried it and I get the same result no file saved.
Has anyone seen anything ever posted about maybe another program blocking lightburn making files?

Iā€™m also not able to export any format nor save the preview image.

Using 0.9.07 on Ubuntu 16.04.
So itā€™s not because of Linux :wink:

Because I recently mount a mill on my CNC I would like to export the finished design to easel by using dxf or svg format.

But LB does not create any file excep .lbrn

1 Like

I am just as relieved as you that itā€™s just not meā€¦ lol
Iā€™m still working on a fix or some insight.

Do you run anti-virus software? Itā€™s possible that itā€™s blocking the ability of LightBurn to save, though that would be the first Iā€™ve heard of this. LightBurn also saves your preferences, so it would cause many other problems if it couldnā€™t write files.

I run Win10 myself for development, and can export to all the supported file types. I just saved the preview to my desktop, calling the file ā€œPreviewTest.pngā€ and this is the result:
PreviewTest

I havenā€™t heard from any other users having this issue. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ok, so I think your onto something. I just grabbed my laptop and to see if I could replicate it on there. It doesnā€™t use AVG. It did save a dxf file.

You might have to tell it that LightBurn is safe. Older versions of LightBurn were not digitally signed, but the new ones on the PC are. Itā€™s possible that it ā€œlocked downā€ the app in the past and hasnā€™t ever loosened up the restrictions.

The safe list and exceptions list didnā€™t work, so going to go to extreme action and uninstalling AVG and see if that makes a difference.

Ok, that was a lot of chasing my own tail. Found my ā€œGhost in the Machineā€ so Iā€™m glad I use a clone drive to make changes before doing it to my main CPU.
Long story short, AVG not my gremlin. I deleted the preference files in the appData/local/lightburn and then restarted lightburn and it fixed my problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.