Fan noise Atomstack X7 Pro 50w

Hello,

I just received my first laser engraver Atomstack x7 pro 50w. I managed to run some first successful tests with Lightburn. Everything seems to be working ok, except for the fan which is making a lot of noise even when it’s not engraving but just powered on. Is this normal behavior for diode lasers or a possible flaw in my set-up?

Thanks for any help or feedback!

The fan on top of the laser head?

Yes, the fan inside the laser module. I can feel air blowing where the laser beam comes out…

Are there any wires that the fan could make contact with, usually below the fan inside…?

Sometimes the wires work their way into the fan area and make noise. It should not be noisy. I have a Neje 30 watt, it’s fan is very quiet.

:smile_cat:

That’s 100% normal. It’s always on when the unit is on.

Thanks for your answers. In the meanwhile I have contacted Atomstack support. They were really helpful and responded quickly. I removed the fan to check for any touching wires or any debris. This was not the case. It seemed to be the fan itself which made a lot of noise. Atomstack support offered to send me a replacement fan, which I am currently waiting for. For reference, noise was about 60 dB, comparable to a small hair dryer…

Hi Bacchus. I am also surprised by how noisy the laser cooling fan is on my Atomstack X20 Pro. How did you go with the replacement fan?

I have an X20 Pro and the noise has become unbearable. I removed it and found that Atomstack is using an XDR5020. I wonder what models of fan replacement people have had success with.

Most blower fans are built to the same spec. This should be a decent replacement.

GDSTIME 50x20 Fan

13.2 CFM at 25.8 dB isn’t too bad. In this size, I’ve seen from 10 to 20 CFM