Feature Request: Burn only selected area

Sometimes, when I burn something, like a complex vector image on a piece of wood, due to the unevenness of the paint, or the board is slightly warped or some other issue, there are parts of the burn that aren’t as clear as others when I am finished.

In those cases, I don’t want to burn the entire image over again, but only a small fraction of it. It would be nice if there was some kind of selection tool for each layer where I could tell it to only burn the highlighted portion when I need to run a second pass just to smooth those imperfections out.

I haven’t found anything that will currently accomplish that. Is it possible to add a feature that will do what I am mentioning? Thanks.

You can use the ‘Cut Shapes’ tool for this - draw a shape around what you want re-engraved, select everything else, THEN select the highlight shape, and go to Tools > Cut Shapes.

You’ll end up with a group of shapes that were inside the highlighted area, and one outside. Select the ones that were inside, enable the ‘Cut Selected Graphics’ toggle in Laser window and run the job again.

1 Like

That worked perfectly, thank you for the answer. I really appreciate the help. :slight_smile:

It’s something I’d like to do more “formally” at some point - as in, have a pop up that says “draw a shape over what you’d like re-cut” and then have it do the rest for you automatically, but this works for now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.