Feature Requests/Bug?

I have 2 feature requests that would really help me out (and maybe others as well?)

1. Edit: It seems this may be a bug as it should already be auto detected.
    I love the Lead-In Lead-Out, and while it works great for cuts on the outside, it would be nice to be able to use it for cuts on the inside of a shape exposed with either a switch or a negative angle. In the below example, the lead in/out for the inner cut actually cuts into the end product, not the scrap center piece.
  2. It would be helpful if the Ramp feature for the fill, had a radio button for Inner Edge, Outer Edge, and Both. In the below example I would love to be able to have the fill slope down into the cutout hole, so it would slope from the green to the blue edge cutting deeper as it gets to the blue

Lead In / Out already accept a negative value to flip the side, and will do it for you as long as the file is actually closed shapes.

These shapes are on the same layer in LightBurn, using a single lead-in / out setting:

I suspect you made two shapes, put them on different layers, and set the Lead angle to positive for both. Put them on the same layer and let LightBurn handle the inner / outer sorting, and it flips the leads automatically.

For the ramp suggestion, that’s harder - If the blue shape in the middle was an oval, or a different shape, like a square, there would be no way to make the ramp progress from the outer shape to the inner shape in any logical way.

The flip side of this is that what you’re showing above is already simple to do - remove the inner circle completely and set the ramp length to the distance between the circles. If it’s 5mm, a 5mm ramp would be correct.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.