FebTop Optimus Laser Mode Need Help

Hy,

Is there any one already using or have tested the FebTop Optimus (2017/2018) with Laser Module ?
I have it working mainly fine with LightBurn, but I cannot test the $32=1 in console, and the laser stay power on between moves and lightly burn the surface…

My question is; can I set this mode without console ?

thanks

What firmware (including the version number) are you running your controller?

The febtop firmware binary I had flashed and used is here ;

They have put also a config for laser ;
config.lasercartisian
M03 and M05 moves are mentioned inside.

The src.zip mention a DEVICES=lpc1768 in the main Makefile :
https://github.com/febtop/Optimus-mainboard-firmware/blob/master/src.zip

My controller is a SmoothieWare and I still have the problem of laser still ON while fast move between cutting lines…
Is there any solution ?

I’ve never heard of Febtop firmware before, but if you’re using the Smoothieware profile in LightBurn, it expects that G0 and G1 moves automatically disable / enable the laser. Make sure laser_module_enable is set to true in the config file, assuming it’s the same as Smoothieware. LightBurn expects that you’re using the CNC build of Smoothieware.

Will give a check of the laser_module_enable = true
It looks like it is disabled (false) by default on the config files for laser !
I will test and report soon…

Thanks

I just modified the config file of the uSD card of my FEBTOP and replace false by true in laser_module_enable line and it look that nothing has changed !
The laser stay ON in G0 moves…
I will check again my LightBurn config and the FebTop one also.

In the config I have seen :

#Switch module for laser control
switch.laser.enable true #
switch.laser.input_on_command M03 #
switch.laser.input_off_command M05 #
switch.laser.output_pin 2.4 #
switch.laser.output_type pwm # just an on or off pin
#switch.laser.pwm_period_ms 1 #set freq as 1kHZ

I have only changed laser_module_enable to true, as below…
Do I need to change also others settings, actually commented ?

# Laser module configuration
laser_module_enable true # Whether to activate the laser module at all. All configuration is
# ignored if false.
#laser_module_pin 2.5 # this pin will be PWMed to control the laser. Only P2.0 - P2.5
# can be used since laser requires hardware PWM
#laser_module_max_power 0.8 # this is the maximum duty cycle that will be applied to the laser
#laser_module_tickle_power 0.0 # this duty cycle will be used for travel moves to keep the laser
# active without actually burning
#laser_module_pwm_period 20 # this sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds

These are mine, but they look different, and are for a different Smoothie board:

## Laser module configuration
laser_module_enable                           true            # Whether to activate the laser module at all. All 
configuration is
                                                              # ignored if false.
laser_module_pin                              2.5            # this pin will be PWMed to control the laser. Only 
P2.0 - P2.5, P1.18, P1.20, P1.21, P1.23, P1.24, P1.26, P3.25, P3.26
laser_module_maximum_power                    0.8             # this is the maximum duty cycle that will be  applied to the laser
laser_module_minimum_power                    0.0             # This is a value just below the minimum duty cycle that keeps the laser
                                                              # active without actually burning.
#laser_module_default_power                   0.8             # This is the default laser power that will be used for cuts if a power has not been specified.  The value is a scale between
                                                              # the maximum and minimum power levels specified above
laser_module_pwm_period                       200              # this sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds

switch.laserfire.enable false
switch.laserfire.output_pin 2.6
switch.laserfire.output_type digital
switch.laserfire.input_on_command M3
switch.laserfire.input_off_command M5
1 Like

1be7a9_d6802c6b85e14671bbddc6eb035fa7f3~mv2.webp

Is there any clues to get laser_mode pins from these pictures ?

Can I upgrade my firmware with official smoothieware ones, found there → Smoothieware/FirmwareBin at edge · Smoothieware/Smoothieware · GitHub
???

It look like the plugins from FebTop use a M05 at the end of path cut !

Is there any equivalent with LightBurn ?
Adding M05 command at end of all paths ?

How can I discover/determine the correct pins of the laser mode ?

These values stop the laser with G0 moves !!!

laser_module_enable true			# Whether to activate the laser module at all. All configuration is
# ignored if false.
laser_module_pin 2.4				# this pin will be PWMed to control the laser. Only P2.0 - P2.5, P1.18, P1.20, P1.21, P1.23, P1.24, P1.26, P3.25, P3.26
#laser_module_ttl_pin 1.30			# This pin turns on when the laser turns on, and off when the laser turns off.
laser_module_maximum_power 1.0			# this is the maximum duty cycle that will be applied to the laser
laser_module_minimum_power 0.0			# This is a value just below the minimum duty cycle that keeps the laser
# active without actually burning.
#laser_module_default_power 0.8			# This is the default laser power that will be used for cuts if a power has not been specified. The value is a scale between
						# the maximum and minimum power levels specified above
laser_module_pwm_period 200			# this sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds

#laser_module_enable                          true            # Whether to activate the laser module at all. All configuration is
                                                              # ignored if false.
#laser_module_pin                             2.5             # this pin will be PWMed to control the laser. Only P2.0 - P2.5, P1.18, P1.20, P1.21, P1.23, P1.24, P1.26, P3.25, P3.26
laser_module_max_power                       0.8             # this is the maximum duty cycle that will be applied to the laser
laser_module_tickle_power                    0.0             # this duty cycle will be used for travel moves to keep the laser
                                                              # active without actually burning
#laser_module_pwm_period                      20              # this sets the pwm frequency as the period in microseconds

switch.laser.enable                           false             #
switch.laser.input_on_command                 M03              #
switch.laser.input_off_command                M05              #
switch.laser.output_pin                       2.4              #
switch.laser.output_type                      pwm          # just an on or off pin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.