FEDEX NOT an overnight service

Update on our laser repair

We are trying to fix this while we wait for the insurance claim

So we paid $60 for FEDEX overnight from China :cn: To get our switches and button.

Shipped May 28
Arrived June 4

Yup FEDEX blamed the delay on US CUSTOMS, COVID19 and Civil Unrest in Chicago. No money back for the delay

Please dear God …I just want to use my laser…hopefully soon stay tuned

:beers:

Sasquatch

At the moment no forwarder can/will guarantee any delivery time.

1 Like

They should when they pride themselves in the motto
Of:

And charge for it!

just telling, if you look at their website you can read they will not guarantee leadtimes.
And still they do pretty good in fact. And if it comes to customs… customs do what they want if you dont like that better buy local.

1 Like

This was a replacement for damaged parts from the manufacturer. I agree to buying local. I got the parts for free and I had to pay for shipping.

Yes on the information on their web site Stating delays however it does not apply to everything nevertheless they use it as a catch all excuse even when it’s not the case.

For example. When I called they stated that my parcel got delayed in Chicago due to Civil Unrest then I pointed out that the package was already two days late when it arrived in Alaska from China before it even landed in Chicago. Then they said …ohhh I see.

As far as I can tell almost all postage companies are using COVID19 as an excuse.
If you only knew the delays I have/had regarding parcels from America and China… Even within Europe everything is a mess. Welcome to the club :crazy_face:

… it doesn’t really matter, I hope for you, you get your Laser running and make some smoke !! soon… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I have a FedEx ground box traveling around the Phoenix AZ area for a week! It spent less time getting there from Florida. It has gone back and forth through a few adjacent cities. I now see that it will be “delivered” on Monday. It was to be delivered yesterday. BTW I am only 120 miles away.

Are you waiting for something good at least? The anticipation is part of the “fun”

This statement reminds me of the phrase I keep hearing

“Welcome to the new norm!”

I don’t like the new norm I like the old norm.

But he drank a little too much! *

(Cheers reference) *

I like the old Norm better

1 Like

I like the old norm

Me too man, me too… :mask:

There is no such thing as Fedex Overnight from China to the USA. If your seller claimed such a thing that’s on them. The flight itself is literally 18 hours.

There is Fedex Priority and Fedex Economy International. In good times, Priority would be 2 business days and Economy would be 1 week. Due to the pandemic, Economy no longer exists.

1 week for Priority is pretty good right now. I’m being told 12-14 days in the new estimated transit time by Fedex IP from a supplier in Shenzhen.

1 Like

I do Get that there is no overnight from China. I am going off the tracking # promise from FEDEX on their web site after the supplier forwarded me the tracking number.

Shipped May 28
Promised Delivery Date of June 2 10:30 am

Actual delivery 6/4 5:30 pm and we had to go to their hub.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Whatever you do I suggest to try and avoid any USPS shipping. I have three different priority packages lost for three weeks…out of Detroit…Atlanta…and NY. While ups and fedex seem to run a day or two slower they are not the total disaster the post office is.
Just saying this as a heads up

Thanks for the heads up! Too bad I ordered two items with shipping by USPS. :sweat_smile:
(one item is a Lightburn camera :cowboy_hat_face: )

Its hit or miss with usps at the moment…but when they miss…WOOOF.

Got mine recently super fast via USPS. You should too

I ship about 10K a month in postage through USPS, and Ive had one package that had issues in the last month, and that was because the customer had someone steal the package.

USPS has GPS tracking for every parcel. Their insurance works great too.

In fact, most issues we have with USPS is that customers screw up their own addresses. That I cannot figure out, unless you just moved into a new home.

1 Like