Fiber Laser Control Software

As well as three CO2 lasers I have a couple of fiber lasers, a 20w and a recently purchased 50w which came with a rotary attachment. For the last couple of days I’ve been trying to get to grips with the EZCAD software which controls the rotary, it just seems so over complicated, I’m not talking about power, frequency, speed, etc, but all the other settings, just to get the rotary to turn round. With Lightburn the rotary control on the CO2 is just so simple in comparison. I really hope the Lightburn developers will soon be turning their sights on to the fiber machines, there will no doubt be a massive demand, as they all seem to use the same EZCAD software.

2 Likes

I support this!
Lightburn for fiberlasers! :smiley: You got my vote

Hi Ash,
Newbie here looking for some reassurance. Just bought a 60 watt mopa fiber unit direct from China. NOt recieved yet, I gave them a drawing with performance tests to be done before I approve final payment and shipping. I have ordered 2 rotary devices, one small for finger rings, and one for larger rotary projects. How is your machine working out? Anything you can suggest that I add to my ship list would be appreciated.
Many thanks
James…

My fiber laser is working great, no issues, not got the hang of the rotary yet, but use it a fair bit for flat work. I got a couple of lenses with mine a 150 and a 300. My machine came from rayfinetech.com who were great to deal with.

What did they charge you for your fiber machine? I have been looking at a 20w variant and they are ~$2900 for 150x150 and shipped from CA. I have been worried to purchase from anywhere outside the states as the import taxes have been said to possibly be high and some issues with FDA?

I think my 20w was around £2,800.00 and the 50w around £5,000.00, these were delivered to my door and included Duty and VAT costs. Luckily we don’t have the silly tarifs that seem to be affecting the USA.

Did you have any power errors when you set up your machine?
I just got our 50w fiber laser and we are having an LPG Power error.

No never had a single issue with either of my two fiber lasers.

PLEASE Add fiber laser control boards such as “BJJCZ”

Would love to upgrade from EzCad to LightBurn but it isn’t compatible

Thanks!
Jared

LightBurn most definitely supports BJJCZ boards that run EZCad2 or EZCad-Lite. Running it on my BJJCZ fiber laser and it works great. EZCad3 boards are not currently supported, but are on the list to be supported in the future.

https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/galvo/Installation.html