Fiber Laser Suggestions

Hi All. I’m looking at buying a fiber laser. I have a project for a fish hook manufacturer to make 500 personalized fish hook spoons for them using stainless steel blanks they are providing. The hooks will have photos etched onto them. I originally did 20 for a friend who owns a hardware store to give out with a photo of his store on them. One of the ones he gave out was to the hook manufacturer. Those I did by removing the paint on hook spoons and putting the image on with a 10W diode. The results were OK but a fiber will do a much better job a lot faster.
I’m not too concerned on price but prefer not to spend more than $7000 as that is what I’ll make doing the hooks.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

I purchased a 60W JPT MOPA machine with numerous lenses, rotary, rotary table, xy table and a few other things from this company direct from China. https://www.omglaser.com/ My total was right around your budget for all of that. Been very happy with the machine so far. Have had it for over a year now and no issues.

1 Like

I purchased mine from OMTech, it’s also a 60W JPT M7 MOPA. Mine was about $7k with a rotary and 4 lenses. I got the 4 lenses as a bonus from them…

If you go over to Laser Everything and watch some of his videos, he’s only using a 30W machine and does some excellent work… So I doubt you need a machine with this (60W) much power… it’s also likely you can do what you want from a q-switched fiber, less controls but some excellent work.

I’ve heard nothing but good reports from OMG laser and from Haotian lasers.

It’s nice to have a powerful machine, with maximum control, but you may not need or use it…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thanks for your suggestions.

I find talking to people who actually use something regularly is preferable to a youtube video from someone who is given one to test, although a person can learn a lot from those videos.

I probably will go with the same route as both of you. I don’t need to use the full power but it’s good to have it available if needed.

Just keep in mind, that the problems with speed/power combination for a co2 or diode, now has the option of frequency and q-pulse width as more variables.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it … use a credit card to cya.

Good luck

:smile_cat: