FIber laser with Lightburn

Hello
I have a Fiber laser with a clone BJJCZ control board, when I bought the machine I didn’t know there were original and clone boards which I can use with only on a win 7 32 bit PC with EZCAD. Is it possible to use Lightburn with this board as when tried to setup the software with find my machine, it did not find the device. I am trying to set up the device with a PC with win10 64 bit.

Any suggestion.

Thank you

If it’s running any version of EZCad2, you should be able to get it running I believe. You likely don’t have drivers loaded correctly. There’s quite a bit of info in the Install Docs for Galvo on how to ensure and even force the correct driver gets loaded here:

As @sutick advised, it needs to run with EZCad2 to be a known supported controller.

You should use the OS to view the connections to your usb subsystem. If you see the controller there, it’s connected to the os, at minimum and Lightburn should see it.

If it’s an unsupported piece of hardware, that’s a problem even if the os can see it.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

If its the ‘Cyclone’ clone EZCAD2 board, yes, it is supported.

If you have any issues, reach out to us directly at support@lightburnsoftware.com or reply here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have followed all the steps as in the video, but still no luck.

In device manager, it displays as unknown device.

My machine has Laser Mark Control Board V1 USB

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If your drivers can’t figure out what the machine is, then Lightburn won’t be able to connect either.

Was your machine supplied with software? What’s it’s name?

If you’re still able to use EZCad and are seeing ‘BJJCZ Device’ in your Windows Device Manager, it means you haven’t installed the driver LightBurn needs to connect to your laser. With the LightBurn driver installed, EZCad won’t be able to connect, and vice versa.

We have instructions on swapping drivers here:

Try the Zadig driver install guidance at the bottom of that page. That’s a more brute-force method for installing the driver needed for LightBurn to communicate with the laser. If it reports back with unknown device still after that, there may be another issue like a faulty cable or otherwise.

Are you currently able to use EZCad successfully?

I think it’s driver related, even if it will run lightburn or not…

I can see the device as BJJCZ on my win 7 PC, on which lightburn won’t run.
but on the win 10 PC its unknown device. Tried with Zadig, its also unknown device

Your board has USB to control? or it´s only serial? could you post a photo? because the pics I have found have DB connectors and sometimes the USB it`s only to power the board…

If these(#1?) or these drivers means something to your setup…
Or this

Is this your board?

A link for EZCAD 2.14.10 and driver
video1 video2

USB is serial…?

Might be so with low power boards, but mine requires power before it will talk unlike the grbl boards I own.

It’s got to be seen by the os… it still sounds like a driver issue.

Shure! I meant old and slow RS-xxx.

I do not know the innards of a Galvo, just trying to help finding what`s wrong and in searching for a solution

this board

Have you tried the JCZDriverAllInOne drivers? (as per above solution) with EZCAD 2.7.6
JCDZdriver

will try this one

Are you using Lightburn or EZCad? My understanding is they are mutually exclusive…

I don’t know about @parsec suggestion…

Since it doesn’t run on Linux, this isn’t an issue…