Fill and Cut for 3.5 mm Walnut on a Atomstack P9 M50 10watts

After months of procrastination in using my then new Atomstack P9 M50, I fially did, by trial and error was able to engrave a Keychain and came out OK- my very FIRST work with the machine. However, now I have to DUPLICATE it on WOOD (Walnut) unfortunately, I only have one small Sample piece of Walnut, so I can not first run one of those files to find out what my Laser should use in Speed and % to engrave first and then cut. Can anyone help me with these settings for Walnut on a P9 M50 10watts? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
JARivera

This is tough…all woods are very different. What material did you use first?
I think youd be safe running st 40% ppwer medium speed for a nice dark engrave. You can also go grab a piece of walnut from a big box store to test on…

Often for untested materials that need to be cut out, I’ll select the outline only to be used for output (after cutting all the other etchings). You should elevate the wood off of your base by about 1/4" so you can see the underside
Select about 75% power and 10 mm/s and run multiple passes (start with 4 or so).
If you don’t see the laser penetrate the full perimeter, just run the same cut out layer again until you see the cut complete. Air assist will help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.