Fill jobs don't start

Hello! got my Gweike Cloud yesterday so Im still very much figuring it out, apologies if I have simply missed something obvious. I had prepared several files beforehand, and if I try to load them up they wont work when the fill layer is on. It can frame the workspace, and if I turn then off the fill layer it will happily start cutting, but the fill layer being on results in the laser sitting in the home corner. These files were prepared in inkscape then imported and further processed in Lightburn (trimmed, checked for overlap, colours assigned). I have tried the following steps:

• A new simple engraving task like a square or circle drawn entirely in lightburn works just fine
  • Turning the fill layer into a line layer works too
  • I have tried various interval/power/speed settings
  • I have tried a few other files I had pre-made and they did not work either. I have yet to try isolating the parts of the image to see if any particular element is causing me trouble. That is next up on my troubleshooting list over the weekend.

I have attached one of the lightburn files I have been trying out.

willnotfill.lbrn2 (110.6 KB)

What does your preview look like?
When I place your file in my machine, the speed will give an overflow of the movements, see picture, green line is my machinebed limitation.
However, I get an error message for that which makes me aware of the problem (in my Ruida controller, not in LightBurn).

mine looks like this: so the problem is probably that the engraving would require it to traverse outside of the workbed? Ill give it a go tomorrow, sounds like a very plausible explanation though!

Strange that your Ruida doesn’t sound an alarm.

its only got a little RGB ring around the start/stop button to inform me of anything. It might have flashed red? but then, I already knew something was wrong when it didn’t do anything! the manual certainly gives no indication it can indicate anything beyond “something is wrong” with flash patters or anything

Lowering the fill speed will reduce the amount of overshoot required, and it’s not linear - if you drop it to 400 mm/sec it takes about 1/2 as much room, and 300 takes about half of that, and so on. (not quite, but close enough)

This is also what I expect/do, plus I don’t place a square, e.g. in “0:0” to fill. But I’m more surprised that @laserint doesn’t get a “static” error in the control that needs to be reset, like I get.

That was it! Thanks all! On to the next issue, fills getting offset haha. Guess I’ll open a new thread if I can’t figure it out myself

That’s fine though, for your offset problem there is also a solution. Try searching for Ruida+offset…I can’t remember it well, but it’s a fairly widespread Ruida problem that can be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This can happen when you are trying to start a job too close to the boundaries of the work space (you can see these boundaries in the gweike cloud software)

I’ve assembled more info on this and everything else I know about the Gweike Cloud in a post here: