Fill Tilting Towards the Right at Top

LHairBurn.lbrn2 (126.8 KB)

I have tried several things to figure out why the tilting is happening. I have tried line first then fill and the fill and then line. I started a new project and traced a jpg using the built-in trace function. I have tried printing upside down and on it’s side. I am always getting tilt on the fill towards the right. No matter what direction I send to the machine. I am running a stock CR-Laser Falcon Engraver 10W. I am saving the gcode to the tf card.

I reviewed the following post ( Fill function shifts grafic to the right - LightBurn Software Questions [OFFICIAL] - LightBurn Software Forum) but I do not have these settings to change.

Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out why the tilt is happening.

Can you try engraving a square with a square cutout? Might make it easier to see what’s going on.

Yes, I will try that and post the results. However, it will be tomorrow before I am able to post the results.

1 Like

So, squares are working great. No issues there. It seems to be on larger burns and specifically this Lisa design, even though I started from scratch twice and retraced it.

Hmm… that’s not what I would have expected.

Were these rectangles run with the same parameters as the Lisa design?

In the Lisa design, are you able to determine if it’s the engraving that’s “off” or the cut that’s misaligned? I had assumed it was the engraving but I’m reconsidering that.

Somewhere along the path it seems you’re losing steps but it’s not apparent to me where.

I don’t see any telltale signs in either photo.

I also tried a random drawing with curvy lines and it was aligned as well. I did use the same parameters as the Lisa design.

On the Lisa one I am not sure which is off, I tried it both ways, line first and then fill as well as fill then line. Also, printed upside down and on it’s side, all of which went off to the right as it went to the top of the run.

I will have to add a reference the next Lisa run, so I can tell if it is the line or the fill.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.