Fire button for positioning stopped working after upgrade to 1.5.04

After installing the latest upgrade to 1.5.04, I connected to my laser printer, and the Fire button had stopped working, and I also could not adjust the power that is next to it either! I was also not able to right-click the macro buttons to code a macro to fire the laser using GCode commands.

I uninstalled, and re-installed the old 1.4.x version, but when I started the software, it still was not available. The only change is that I could program a macro. How do I get the ‘Fire’ button to work again? Is this a bug in the latest release? Why did it stop working even after re-installing an older version?

I am having the same problem as Terry Rockfield. Please let me know if there is a fix.

Does the Fire button appear clicked?
What is the power setting?
Is the laser not firing or you just cannot see the the light?
Does the laser work okay otherwise?

The Fire button is on the screen, but is completly unresponsive. The power setting is at 2%, and prior to the upgrade had been working great for centering work. I have been able to get around it by programming one of the Macro buttons to trigger the laser at low power, but it’s quite inconvenient to have to continuously move between tabs to do this, and once you move the laser the light goes off, so I have to switch back again to click the Macro button.

Yes, otherwise, the laser works great!

Oh… I also forgot to mention… the power setting that appears just to the left of the Fire button is also completely unresponsive. Neither the up/down arrows work, nor does an attempt to click into the box and type a setting. Both fields have become useless.

This sounds like what my other notebook did. The window below was overlapping the Fire button stuff. I could get it to respond by floating the Move window. I ended switching to a different laptop.

I’ll try that later tonight when I get off work! Thanks for the tip and I’ll let you know what happens!

THAT WAS IT!!! Thanks so much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.