First time user with Mana5.2

I have Installed Lightburn on my PC and have just recieved my Eleksmana 5.2. Will lightburn talk to the Mana 5.2 directly. If so how do I configure it.

Thanks

You should just be able to use the ‘Find my Laser’ tool and LightBurn will auto-detect the GRBL firmware on it.

Many thanks OZ. I take it I have to follow the initial installation process on the Eleksma Website. ?

If there are drivers for it, perhaps, or if it needs to be flashed with GRBL (in case it came with something else). Otherwise, assuming it’s assembled and otherwise functional, you would just connect it and go.

Are you asking these questions hypothetically, or is something not working?

Thanks OZ.
Your right to ask,
I just recieved the MANA 5.2 today, It’s on my bench ready to connect. The Eleksmaker website does contain an install procedure but I’m suspecting that is for their own software. I rather like the ease of lightburn and may stick with that. I bought the GRBL license but I’m unsure if now I need another License or not. I will use my Endurance laser because as you suggested earlier my CNC machine was likely to be too big and heavy for me to attain the speed of the Eleksmaker frame. Guess I should plug it in and try it.

You shouldn’t need another license - you can run as many lasers from a single license as you like, it’s just the number of computers it can be installed on that is limited.

Well that seemed to work, Lightburn does talk to the Mana5.2 nicely. Thank you. If I need to install Lightburn on a different pc, what is needed.

George

Nothing more than what you’ve done already. If you’re asking about the license, you can read the details here: https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/how-the-lightburn-license-works

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.