Focus lens and mirrors

Those types of gauges will be specific to your machine.

I use stepped gauges in several different heights to accommodate a wide range of lenses and nozzles.

Here’s a file for the 2 shortest ones. If you need them taller just boolean weld a rectangle of the desired height to the bottom of the gauge and change the numbers. to suit.
The numbers on these are a little small for my old eyes. I’d probably make them a little bigger next time.

focus gauge 10a.lbrn (219.1 KB)

Thanks for the file. I will give it a go.

Yeah, I was looking for a gauge with multiple heights. I can buy a step gauge but they can be pricey or I can just cut one from acrylic and be pretty close.

It is a laser. If tuned properly, I doubt you will find a more accurate cutting tool in the shop. It is a very simple shape to markup in LightBurn to the exact size you desire.

One suggestion if you make your own focus gauge… make them out of colored acrylic.
If you make them from clear they try to play hide 'n seek with you when you set them down.

1 Like

Height Gauge.lbrn (55.5 KB)
I misunderstood. I thought you just meant the standard rectangular block that so many lasers come with. Here’s a file for a stepped height gauge in whole millimeters and half millimeters.

1 Like

That is a fantastic idea. I can see how that would happen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.